As a bride-to-be, it’s important to feel confident and radiant on your wedding day. One way to achieve this is by incorporating skin-loving foods into your diet. These foods not only make you feel great, but they also provide essential nutrients for healthy skin, including hyaluronic acid (HA) production. By nourishing your body with these foods, you can boost collagen production, improve skin hydration, and achieve a healthy, glowing complexion.
Many brides-to-be feel the pressure to look their best on their wedding day, and may feel self-conscious about their self-perceived imperfections. As a result, they often turn to extreme measures such as opting for pricey treatments, following a stressful exercise regime or a drastic diet, or even undergoing invasive skin treatments. However, while these choices may provide some temporary improvements, they are often not sustainable long-term.
Instead of relying on drastic measures to achieve a radiant bridal glow, let’s focus on practicing self-care. This includes incorporating nutrients into your body while detoxifying from unhealthy ones; adopting a skincare regime that nourishes and revitalizes the skin’s natural radiance, and incorporating a sustainable exercise routines that target specific body parts to improve posture and reduce stress levels.
Here’s a list of skin-loving food to incorporate into your diet:
1) Berries: Berries are packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals and prevent oxidative damage to your skin. They’re also high in vitamin C, which boosts collagen production and can help even out skin tone. Other foods high in vitamin C you can consider are: citrus fruits, kiwi, strawberries, and papaya.
TIP: You can add some of this fruit in a bowl of greek yogurt for a quick and healthy breakfast.
2) Avocado: Avocado is plenty of healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals that benefit your skin. The monounsaturated fats in avocado can help improve your skin’s elasticity and prevent dryness, while the vitamin E can protect your skin from damage and reduce inflammation.
3) Nuts & seeds: they contain Zinc & Copper essential for the production of HA.
TIP: They can be a great snack on the go for busy days or an addition into your salad, for a boost of plant based protein and healthy fats to keep your skin healthy.
4) Sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin: They are rich in beta-carotene which is converted in vitamin A in the body. It can promote skin health and support HA production. If you crave sugar during some stressful days or if you have a sweet tooth, you can bake some sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots together, with a bit of extra virgin oil and cinnamon. Sweet/root vegetables are a great natural remedy for sugar cravings and the addition of cinnamon will help you with digestion and inflammation.
5) Leafy greens: Leafy greens like spinach, kale, and collard greens are high in vitamins A and C, which can help your skin to be firmer and more glowing. They also contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that can protect your skin from damage and reduce acne.
6) Salmon, sardines, mackerel: They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which play a vital role in collagen production and are also essential for healthy skin.
7) Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin, a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant. These properties can help reduce acne and other skin issues, as well as reduce redness and inflammation
8) Green tea: Green tea is a great source of antioxidants, which can protect your skin from sun damage and other environmental stressors. It also contains catechins, which have been shown to help improve skin texture and reduce inflammation.
9) Dark chocolate: Yes, you read that right! Dark chocolate is rich in antioxidants and flavonoids that can help protect your skin from damage and improve blood flow to your skin. Just be sure to choose chocolate that’s at least 80% cacao to get the most benefits.
TIP: For a quick snack combine dark chocolate with goji berries. it’s a great combination as they are both rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties.
By incorporating these skin-loving foods into your diet, you can help nourish your body from the inside out and get that bridal glow you’ve been dreaming of. Plus, you’ll be doing your overall health a favour too!
Skin care tips:
During my recent conversation with Tiina Meder, the founder of Meder Beauty, she recommended the following products for the best and sustainable skin care wedding preparation:
- The sensitive skin routine
- The hydra fill mask ; This mask replenishes dry skin, banishing signs of fatigue and dryness for a revitalised complexion.
- The heavy gel cream before and after the wedding day, is also a great product to add into your self care kit. Heavy-Legs gel is the ultimate solution to ensure your legs and feet stay comfortable and refreshed, especially after a long day on your feet.
As a special offer, use code Paola20 to receive a discount of 20% on all Meder beauty’s products.
For more wedding preparation fitness tips, you can incorporate the short workouts from the SHAPES online studio: “wedding series”. Alternatively, you could enquire about a personalised plan here.
Remember, you are already a beautiful bride; be grateful for the love around yourself. Believe in yourself and your beauty everyday!